Proven Results For Wire, Cable and Rope Industry Manufacturing With Advaris Cable MES
10 Jul 2019
Industry 4.0 integrated into the wire, cable and rope industry could be the key to unlocking future competitiveness. There is a clear and compelling case for length measurement manufacturing companies to leverage these technologies and incorporate digital transformation throughout their organizations. Many of the challenges with cross-industry MES solutions is a lack of features to overcome challenges such as length tolerances, alternative routings, metal billing, production lengths, cutting and winding orders, spool variances, machine bottlenecks and much more.
Most global surveys show that more than 80 percent of executives said they consider leveraging new digital technologies towards Industry 4.0. In reality, only a quarter of companies are currently using these technologies and tools to access, manage, analyze, and leverage data from their digital assets to inform decision-making in real time. Reasons that have not made Industry 4.0 a priority is that they have primarily invested in specific, focused technology implementations. This limitation may increase the risk of companies being left behind in today’s digital era. It is important, therefore, that companies understand and harness the power of a full Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to benefit from the opportunities of Industry 4.0 transformation.
As wire, cable and rope customers become more demanding in terms of delivery schedules and customization, companies are expected to increasingly need highly agile production and predictive quality controls that adapt to changes in demand. Advaris Cable MES will provide the solutions to realise many benefits such as:
- Production length planning with factors such as scrap length, drums available, production bottlenecks and lay lengths
- Planning of industry-specific processes like multi-wire drawing, CV extrusion and wire armouring will not violate constraints or requirements
- Improved on time delivery and less machine changeovers by optimized production scheduling
- Minimizing of WIP with a look-ahead strategy on production process
- Increased the profitability of every order that hit the shop floor allowing every machine operator to make more with less
- Traceability of production lengths being completed in a fraction of the time (seconds rather than hours or days)
- Eliminating manual document control and providing permanent digital records
- Freeing up operators to spend more of their time being productive, and less time looking for work instructions or waiting on corrections, or repair instructions
As a company examines the manufacturing process, there are many ‘pain points’ that will come up as it lists the challenges with software. Advaris Cable MES and the ERP system have been designed to overcome all of these challenges in a world leading browser based software which can be integrated with various systems.
ADVARIS is an international software and consulting company. Being in the marketplace since 1997, ADVARIS is best equipped with an experienced team of specialists in the fields of manufacturing execution systems (MES), product data management, and enterprise resource planning in the wire and cable industry. Headquartered in Bruchal, Germany, the branch offices in the USA and India provide their customers with around the clock support worldwide. You can find out more at the website: www.advaris.com